Introduction to parameter
To measure your oxygen saturation level, you will need a Pulse Oximeter.
- For the best result use your index or middle finger.
- Remove any nail varnish or artificial nails from the finger you wish to use.
- Wash your hands in warm water and dry them thoroughly.
(Cold hands can cause poor blood flow which may result in an error in the oximeter’s
- Avoid using the device in strong light as this can affect the reading.
- Insert your finger into the device according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Keep
still, press the function button, and wait until the values are displayed and stabilise.
- Record your result – the number displayed by the percentage symbol (%SpO2) is your saturated oxygen level. The other number is your Pulse Rate (PR) in beats per minute (bpm).
- After use, wipe the outside and inside of your device with an alcohol wipe.